Sunday 25 April 2010

25th April 2010 - Virgin London Marathon 2010 - DONE

Well its actually 39 min past midnight on the 26th April 2010, and although I am tired I can’t quite switch off so here is a mini blog. I woke up just after 5 got up just after 6, I’m not going to go into details of my Marathon yet as I still need to capture it in my own mind. Offical chip time 4hr 54min 53sec, Unofficial Garmin time which dosen't include my short loo stop 4hr 50min, either way I smashed my previous marathon PB and got sub 5hour

I got home just before 11pm and have had a bath and assessed my marathon damage, I have one blood blister under my big toe, sunburn on my shoulders and somehow on the inside of my legs just below where my shorts finished, my left arm is stripped from wearing both a Garmin and a sweatband and lets just say I will not need to use bronzer on my face for a few days! I have discovered 6 areas of chaffing, despite applying generous amounts of Vaseline (maybe I should just get bathed in the stuff)and the small of my back is bruised.

I do ache but have been able to get up and downstairs no problems, but lets see how that is tomorrow!

Will blog more soon!

3 comments:

H said...

Well done Kay. All of that hard work has paid off, you must be over the moon! Enjoy your well earned rest girl xxx

Anonymous said...

Wow, well done you, what a fantastic result. Hope you're really please and look forward to hearing more about it soon.


Khara
xx

Anonymous said...

Well done again. Hope you are sleeping well tonight!!!!! Barbara