Sunday 3 January 2010

The Eve Before Training Begins!


Sunday 3rd January 2010


Well here it is the evening before the start of training for The Virgin London Marathon 2010, my third marathon! Though i feel the preparation began on the 1st October 2009 when i got home from work to find my acceptance magazine waiting for me on the door mat.

My first thought was OMG OMG OMG as many of my friends and family will know! I have written and re written my programme spoken to Tom and re written it again, put some more races in and re written it again. Think Draft 18 has become my starting programme!

I have my training Programme, loan of a garmin, advise from Tom, new trainers (road and trail), my first ipod a shuffle, new running hat and gloves and most importantly the promise of company on my long runs from Harp, Sue, Helen and Nicky (when she is fit) and so I am looking forward to the next 16 weeks of focused work!

Though i am sorry that Nicky is not yet able to run with me and Vikki is not able to travel this journey with me this year. I wish you both back to full running fitness as soon as possible!

As mentioned above this is my third Marathon and you may think i would by now know what i was doing, but i feel i have as many questions as answers i have gained from my previous two outings?

Am i doing enough mileage, have i enough rest days, how will i stop myself eating a full malt loaf after a long run, am i trying to do too many races, will i put weight on like i did in my previous marathons? This is where Tom and the support of my friends come in. And these will be some of the many questions i will ponder and reflect on in this blog.

So what does week one look like?

Monday - a recovery Swim (I did a 10 mile run on the snow and ice today)
Tuesday - Run club intervals
Wednesday - Run 4 mile & Body Pump
Thursday - Rest
Friday - Spin
Saturday - park Run & Body pump
Sunday - Long Run 12 Miles

I feel tired all ready LOL

And my other main goal of the week is to prepare and take a nutritious lunch and snacks to work everyday!

Hope you have the time to pop in and catch up and share my London Marathon journey with me. Please feel free to offer comment and advise, all thoughts will be welcome!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work, happy to inspire in that kind of way! TSR