Tuesday 5 January 2010

Day one & two

I decided a while ago that if i wanted to be succesful and achieve my training plan for VLM 2010 training I need to be organised, structured and pre plan (traits which are NOT my natural strengths)! And so with this in mind i went to bed on Sunday clear in my mind what my goals were for the week and how i would balance the different demands on my time . . .

On Monday morning i was woken up my friend texting me to remind me that Adele's school was closed for teacher training! Woops hadnt planned for that! So i had to call work and book a day off, normally i would fritter such aday away but i created a new to do list and did many of the things, but most importantly I stuck to my training plan and did a recovery swim!

Now i lost count a couple of times and so im not sure if i did 30 or 34 lengths in 30mins! But i was pleased with my effort.

On Tuesday i woke to a snow white covered Leeds, school closed (adele will have had nearly 3 weeks off school by the time they go back). The snow brought with it another change of plans on the work front but unlike many my journey into work was in fact quicker than usual and i also got home reasonably easy. But once home safe with the children i decided against venturing out to run and replaced my planned club run of approx 4 miles with an hour on the cross trianer in my dining room at home. This also gave me a chance to try out my new i-Pod shuffle. Now i havent really used this cross trainer since i bought it many years ago and wasnt sure how i would last an hour!

But i did, helped by adele who came through for the last 10 - 15 mins and shouted at me to go faster, your in a race mum, your nearly there, run faster, there is a big bar of choacolate waiting for you! Followed by a "do you always look like that mum?"

Although i cant imagine i did anywhere near my planned 4 mile run Im not really sure how far i went as the machine said i had done a distance of 25.21 in 60mins but i dont know what unit it measures . . . . . miles, km or centimeters! lol But it did tell me i had used 575 calories now just how many chocolate bars is that (only joking Tom & Nicky before you tell me off)

The other advantage of this was that as i finished my last 5 minutes adele served up our jacket potatoes ready to eat!

The kids were not happy about so keen on my singing along to the I-Pod though!

So not the organsied start i had planned, but what i have learnt is that my strengths lie in being adaptable and flexiable and that so long as i stay focused on my goal i will find a way to balance things . . . . Hopefully :-)

1 comment:

Nicky said...

Good start to your plan - shame about the snow & ice though!!

Keep it up Nx